ToughRock 5/8 in. x 4 ft. x 10 ft. Fireguard X Gypsum Drywall Panel has noncombustible (per ASTM E136 or CAN/ULC S114) dimensionally stable gypsum cores. The core has been reinforced with the addition of glass fibers, increasing its strength and its resistance to the passage of heat. The surfacing on both faces and on the long edges are 100% recycled paper. The front face paper is white; the back face paper is gray.
- ToughRock Fireguard X Gypsum Board is wall or ceiling covering material for use in building construction. Designed for direct mechanical attachment to wood or metal framing for use in building assemblies with a designated fire resistance rating
- A specially formulated gypsum core which includes glass fibers enables ToughRock Fireguard X to help protect framing members from the spread of fire. With joints covered, ToughRock Fireguard X will resist the passage of smoke
- Manufactured with a paper surfacing designed to be receptive to joint treatment, paint, wall covering, or textured coatings
- Meet the criteria for Type X special fire resistance, as defined in ASTM C1396
- Flame spread rating of 15 and smoke developed 0, when tested in accordance with ASTM E84. The core is noncombustible when tested in accordance with ASTM E136
- Achieve designated Sound Transmission Class (STC) values when used in properly designed constructions