Knipex 09 08 240 SBA 9-1/2 in. Ultra High-Leverage New England Head Style Insulated Linemans Plier.
Professionals trust their tools. This trust is vital when working on electrical installations. The insulation of Knipex insulated and insulating tools is designed in accordance with national and international standards to reduce risk of injury if the tools make contact with an energized source with voltage up to 1000 volts. Knipex insulated and insulating tools meet or exceed the IEC 60900 and ASTM F1505 standards for insulated tools and comply with NFPA-70E. They are clearly marked with the official 1000-volt rating symbol.
Knipex Tools redesigned Lineman’s Pliers are heavy-duty for the most demanding jobs. The rivet has been reduced in size and moved closer to the jaws to create an ultra-high leverage design for 25% easier cutting power. The cutting edges are induction hardened with a cutting edge hardness of approximately 64 HRC for long life and easy cutting of soft, hard and ACSR wire. Additionally, they feature a serrated cross-hatched knurled gripping zone in the jaws for gripping and pulling (such as for fencing applications). There is an additional gripping zone below the joint for strong gripping of wires and pulling nails. Select models also include a universal terminal crimper and a fish tape puller on the backside. Our Lineman's Pliers are forged from vanadium electric steel and are available in dipped, multi-component grip and 1000V insulated handles.
- High transmission ratio for easy cutting
- High leverage design requires 50% less effort compared to conventional combination pliers thanks to optimised transmission ratio
- Ergonomically optimized handle shape for firm contact to the hand and fatigue reducing operation
- Effective cross-hatched knurled gripping zone in the jaws - for strong gripping and pulling
- Additional serrated gripping zone below the articulated joint for powerful leverage
- With cutting edges for soft and hard
- Cutting edge hardness approx. 64 HRC
- Vanadium steel, forged, oil-hardened in multiple steps
- 1,000V insulated dual component comfort grip handles for a comfortable grip
|Cutting Capacity||Up to 3/16-inch nail and wire pin; 1/8-inch wire rope strand and steel wire|
|Model No.||09 08 240 SBA|