Euclid 18.9-Litre Concrete Surface Retarder Formula S for Exposed Aggregate Surfaces has a chemical formulations which retards, but does not "kill" the set of the mortar at the surface of concrete. When the underlying concrete has hardened, the retarded mortar surface can be flushed off with a stream of water and/or removed by scrubbing with a stiff brush. Since these compounds do no "kill" the set, if they are left on the concrete or unintentionally splashed on other fresh concrete, they will permit the concrete to eventually attain a set and achieve full strength. FORMULA S is a neutral, sprayable liquid for application to freshly placed horizontal concrete surfaces.
Recommended Applications include: creation of exposed aggregate surfaces, precast panels, decorative sidewalks and walkways, bond improvement for water-proofing materials and slip-resistant surfaces.
- Safe to use - easy to apply
- Works quickly and effectively
- Provides up to 1/4” (6 mm) depth retardation
- Reduces cost of mechanically preparing surfaces for waterproofing, stucco or plaster application
- Etch depth can be adjusted as desired