DuraDrive HD40 12 in. Adjustable Tension Hacksaw is designed with superior quality. The rectangular section of the tubular bow ensures perfect combination of rigidity and balance. The Aluminium die-cast handle,unbreakable in normal use provides a comfortable grip and also directs pressure in the correct line of thrust for maximum efficiency.
- Easily adjustable aluminum construction with a rectangular steel crossbar for maximum durability.
- Saw tensions up to 30,000 PSI – ﬁve times more than any conventional hacksaw.
- Amongst the most versatile and durable frames in the market, the blade can be mounted at 90° and 45° for ﬂush cutting applications.
- Adjustable for 10 in. or 12 in. blade
- 12 in. blade is included
- For general purpose use, 24 TPI blades are recommended (TPI - Teeth per inch / 25mm)
BLADE USE SELECTION GUIDE
|Sections and Sizes||Hard Materials: Alloy steel, High Carbon Steel, SS Steel||Medium to Soft Materials: Mild Steel, Cast Iron, Aluminium, Brass|
|Up to 3mm||32 TPI||32 TPI|
|3mm - 6mm||24 TPI||24 TPI|
|6mm - 12mm||24 TPI||18 TPI|
|12mm - 25mm||18 TPI||14 TPI|