Amvic DR22S20004 AmDrain Ext-Foundation white Insulation w/ Drainage, B/E (2" x 4' x 8') R8
Amvic AmDrain foundation insulation board is an EPS (expanded polystyrene) panel with one flat side and one side vertically grooved to provide both a drainage system and an exterior insulation, it is used as a supplementary component in all types of foundation building systems.
- Rigid Type II EPS exterior insulation, which helps to reduce the risk of cracking in the concrete foundation.
- The exterior flat surface of the board which is in contact with the soil provides a capillary action causing the water to be directed down the AmDrain board to the foundation drainage tile.
- The interior surface of the board which is in contact with the concrete foundation is vertically grooved to provide an additional drainage plane relieving any hydrostatic pressure that may develop before the foundation wall; the moisture is redirected down to the drainage tile.
- AmDrain provides additional protection during backfill to the waterproofing and / or damp proofing system installed on the foundation wall.
- AmDrain is available in sizes 1220mm (4 feet) wide by 2135mm (7 feet) or 2440 (8 feet) in length.
- AmDrain is easily installed with no special tools, equipment or skills.